Last year..this year…2010, I didn’t have any resolutions. In 2009 I did, and that was to do at least one photo shoot a month. See what happened in previous years, and in 2010 as well, is that I would go months without having any photography, then do 3 or 4 in a week or two. So in 2009 I made the resolution, and actually did it, I had at least one shoot every month. This year I’m going to do a few resolutions and see how it goes.
1. Do six to twelve shoots for University Nudes. This was kind of a resolution last year, but more of a hope or an idea. I put up a few ads, set up one meeting but never actually photographed anyone.
2. Set up a cleaning schedule. 20 minutes a day, repeats every 30 days. It’s not like my place is dirty, I clean now, but it’s a little unorganized, and it could be cleaner. And I really like lists and schedules.
3. Stop using deity based words and phrases to express surprise, anger and frustration.
4. Do 100 sit ups, 100 push ups, and run for 30 minutes every other day. I was doing pretty good with running for about two months. Then I kinda stopped. 🙁
5. Use Things more. Things is a to do list program for my Mac and iPhone. It works very well, I just have to remember to use it.
6. Share my thoughts more. I haven’t posted to this blog as much as I would like. Part of that is time. Actual time that it will take me, and often thinking it will take longer than it does. I’m also somewhat of a perfectionist, and one of the things that perfectionists often do is not do anything if they can’t do it perfect. And the third reason is not wanting to upset people. Often with the issues I feel passionate about I’m not of the majority or socially acceptable side of the issue. For a while now I’ve lived my life by the phrase “What other people think of me is none of my business.” Internally I feel that way, but externally I haven’t always behaved that way.
7. Find a wife. I’m getting older, I need to get married. There’ll be some rather large posts on this coming.
There’s other things I want to do but none that I want to set up as a resolution. Like I have an idea for a new series of photos (not to the level of University Nudes), but I’ll probably just put that in another post in a few days.